Last BBRO Demo Farm visit for 2017:
Friday 24th November 8:30 - 11:00 Bracebridge, LN5 0AS
- Harvesting and storage - minimising losses and increasing storage potential.
- Foliar diseases - identifying disease in-field and control management.
- Soil management with Philip Wright - preparation and cultivation impacts.
- Nutrition - Sulphur and salt use and nitrogen rates and timings.
Next Grower Meeting:
Friday 8th December 8:30 - 11:30 Parsonage Hotel, Escrick, York.YO19 6LF.
The fundamentals of growing beet and maximising yield - all growers welcome.
- Neonics update.
- Foliar disease and fungicide applications.
- Harvester testing, crop recovery & storage.
- Drilling technology.
- Seed rate, plant population & drill date.
- Understanding nutrition.
DRILL OPERATOR TRAINING
Drilling for better establishment and improved crop performance.
A successful sugar beet harvest begins with the preparation of the seed bed and ensuring optimum performance of both drill and operator. Good crop establishment helps to produce healthy uniform plants, improving yield and profitability. Join the BBRO on either Tuesday 30th January (Bexwell, Downham Market) or Wednesday 31st January (Riseholme, Lincs) 8:30 – 13:30, to hear more on:
- Practical soil management.
- Cultivation techniques for the perfect seed bed.
- Pelleting and seeds.
- Drill maintenance for optimum performance.
Places are limited
Event will be supported by Germains Seed Technology, Kverneland, Monosem, and Vaderstad.